About the Humane Society of Broward County
The Humane Society of Broward County provides shelter, aid and responsible adoptions to animals entrusted to our care, and educates the community about respect and kindness to all animals.
The Humane Society of Broward County…
- Is a 33,000 square-foot, completely air-conditioned shelter
- Has the ability to house 300 plus dogs and cats
- Placed 6,791 dogs, cats and other furry friends in 2017
- Has over 100,000 patrons visit each year
- Educationally touches over 150,000 children and adults
- Has full-time veterinarian services for shelter animals
- Is identified nationally as a “Leader in Animal Welfare”
- Is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization
- Receives no direct funding from the government, United Way or any national group with a similar name.
- Is an open admission shelter
- Is NOT affiliated with any county or national organization
Where The Money Goes…
The Humane Society of Broward County relies on the generosity of our community and companies to fund our operations and programs budget. We do not get funding from the government, United Way or any other national or local organizations with similar names. Income sources are: adoption fees; services such as dog obedience, vaccination clinics, spay/neuter programs; pet boutique sales; fundraising events; grants; general donations and from those people who leave the shelter in their will. Every dollar is carefully spent to help the unwanted animals.
How Will Your Donation Help?
$100 will cover heartworm tests for 5 dogs and, if positive, lifesaving medication started.
$500 will allow 5 dogs to be spay/neutered to help them live a healthier life
$1,000 will cover the cost of xrays and surgery to repair a broken limb.
$2,000 will pay for 100 pets to be microchipped so they'll never be lost again
$5,000 dontion will pay for spay/neuter surgery for 100 cats to help end the cycle of homeless felines.