Moët was born in Puerto Rico in 2018. She and her 5 siblings were found hanging outside an old family run restaurant. Her mom was struggling to feed all of her babies in the hurricane ravaged streets, desperately struggling to live off the scraps from the restaurant. The wonderful shelter Moët and her family were taken to had a life saving arrangement to transport lucky fur babies out of the over crowded shelter in Puerto Rico to the magnificent Humane Society of Broward County. Once Moët and her siblings had time to rest from the trip, they were selected to participate in a photo shoot promoting an event for the Humane Society of Broward County. Little did Moet know, she and one of her siblings would meet their new Forever Mom at that photo shoot. Moët and her sister, Veuve, were adopted that very weekend.
Moët loves her sweet potato chews and stuffed animal toys and takes them everywhere in her funky-toothed mouth. Moët adores car rides — even to the Vet! If you happen to be stopping somewhere for Sweet Potato fries, even better! Moët has no idea that she is over 60 pounds now. She prefers to sit on top, not beside, her loved ones. We cannot imagine our lives without this mini tank of love. We would like to extend a truly heartfelt Thank You to everyone at the Humane Society of Broward County for all their devotion and hard work that they do to bring furry angels to our families.
Join us in fundraising so we can continue helping dogs like Moët find their forever home through our adoption, foster and Adoption Ambassador programs. Be a part of the 2022 Walk for the Animals and raise $1,000 or more for the chance to have your dog as our 2023 Cover Dog.
- All contest participants must be registered online for the 2022 Humane Society of Broward County's Walk for the Animals prior to midnight, EST, on March 5, 2022. In addition to being registered, participants must have raised a minimum of $1,000 in verified donations to their online Personal Campaign page in order to be eligible.
- Attendance at the Walk for the Animals is not required.
- Participants reaching the $1,000 fundraising mark will submit a photo of their dog and a brief story as to why they believe their dog should be the 2023 Cover Dog.
- Each participant is limited to one entry per $1,000 raised. Unqualified registrants will be disqualified.
- One winner will be selected from those entered. Selection will be made by a random drawing of all entries.
- The winner will be announced on April 25, 2022 via an announcement to all 2022 Walk Participants.
The Humane Society of Broward County is making every effort to put precautions in place to protect our participants, staff, volunteers and animals due to COVID-19. Because of the uncertainty of this virus, we reserve the right to make changes to our Walk day activities if we feel it is necessary to avoid putting anyone at potential risk of exposure or danger of any kind. We respect and appreciate our participants, and ask for your understanding as we prioritize safety for all involved.